Comments From the Peanut Gallery
Thursday, March 06, 2003
I'm a list maker. I make lists to remind myself to make lists. I have several notebooks and each is for different aspects of my life.
Today I made a "to-do" list of writing-related things that need to be accomplished in the next two weeks.
I am sooo screwed!
The list was a full typed page. How in the hell am I going to fit a typed page full of writing-related projects into two of my weeks? When would I shop for groceries? Hell, when would I breathe?
Okay Kim, this is not the time to panic. You said you wanted to be a professional writer, and you are well on your way. Now get your fucking ass in gear and do it.
Dammit, these pep talks never work. I always end up wanting to tell myself to go to hell. And then I do.
One way or another I am going to do everything on that list. Somehow I will accomplish my goals..all 22 of them.
Yeah, I said 22. I am an overachiever and damn proud of it!
I'm accomplishing one of my goals as we speak. I'm writing aimlessly in my blog. I can check it off my list.
That's the only reason I have lists. It's an excuse to make backwards check marks. (It's a southpaw thing...)
------------
I belong to several writing groups. On almost all of them people are discussing taking classes on writing. Why? You want to learn how to write? Sit your butt in a chair and write. Then toss what you just wrote and try again. Then get up and go be with your family, drink too much, or eat a cheeesecake. Then come back and write some more. Reading about writing or taking a class on writing doth not a writer make. Writing makes a writer. So quit asking about classes and write already. Damn. Is it that hard to figure out?
***no I was not talking about any partucular group or individual. It was a collective rant, so quit getting all insulted. But if I hit a nerve, so be it.***

