Comments From the Peanut Gallery
Saturday, June 21, 2003
I received a job alert in my inbox today. Not a big deal on the surface, but the request got my attention. Here is the first part of the request:
...a 300-500 word goal describing my professional goals.
Hum..if you can't write a 300-word essay about what you want to be when you grow up, then maybe, just maybe you need to pick another profession. Or move back in with your parents, if you ever moved out. For Pete's sake, I can write 300 words about what I had for dinner last night!
As if that was not annoying enough, I read the rest of the ad. Oh yeah, there was more:
I am applying to a master's program in Curriculum Devlopment and Supervision.
oh. Good. GRIEF!
Lemme get this straight: first this person needs someone else to write an essay about what he wants to be when he grows up. After the clueless wonder gets a schmuck (posing as a freelance writer) to write his essay and he gets in and then finishes grad school ( yeah, I know it's a stretch, but stay with me here!), he is going to develop the ways and means used to teach others? I can see his first completed curriculum already: Con Game 101 : Lesson One: How to get a schmuck with no common sense and even less ethics to do your work for you.
Hum..come to think of it, corporations would pay him big bucks for that cirruculum.
And I am sure there will be some schmuck freelancer that will write it for him. I guess that's where the "supervision" part comes in.
Well, I have to go now. I don't have as much time to blog as I used to. Wait, I know! I'll run an ad and get a schmuck freelancer to do it for me!

